All the rules
The Maremma Challenge Adventure Plus 2023 sporting event will be held between October 8, 2023 and October 12, 2023, with departure and arrival in Massa Marittima at the Bike Garage & More, via Butigni 4.
All people who are of age at the time of registration can participate in the event without nationality limits.
The event will take place in any weather condition. In the event of cancellation of the event due to force majeure (environmental and/or health at a national or international level), a refund will not be made but the registration fees paid will be valid for the next edition at no additional cost.
In the event of a rescheduling of the event following national DPCMs, Regional Decrees for Covid19 Emergency, the ASD organizer of the Maremma Challenge will try to postpone the event in the same calendar year or otherwise in the following.
The Maremma Challenge Adventure Plus package (October 8, 2023) is organized and sold by the tour operator Tuscany Quintessence SRL, via G. Roagnosi, 20 Florence (FI), VAT No. 06863080484, Company registered in Florence – 661889 for information email@example.com
Civil Liability Policy with GENERALI num 3806857189
Insurance coverage of insolvency or bankruptcy of the Travel Agency, in compliance with art. 50 of the Tourism Code – TUA Insurance policy number 40324512000271
All participants in the Maremma Challenge are required to have a valid, specific competitive medical certificate for cycling. Medical certificates for other athletic disciplines will not be accepted.
The medical certificate must be sent no later than September 15, 2023 (under penalty of exclusion from participation in the event without any right to reimbursement) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Each participant must delcare in accordance with the D.P.R. no. 445 of December 28, 2000 that the documents forwarded by him are true and correspond to the originals in his possession.
Membership in an amateur sports association ASD is mandatory, all participants must be in possession of accident insurance coverage.
It is possible to join the amateur sports association BGM ASD, organizer of the Maremma Challenge, by sending a request email by September 29, 2023 to email@example.com
Departure and Route
In compliance with the rules prohibiting gatherings and distancing, for sporting events (Covid-19 emergency), the departure of the Maremma Challenge will be held on Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 9:00am at the Bike Garage & More, via Butigni 4, Massa Marittima.
The loop route, with departure and arrival from Massa Marittima, of about 500 km in distance and 10,000 meteres in altitude variation, it winds through wooded paths, dirt roads and secondary asphalted roads with little traffic. The route is described and viewable on the website www.maremmachallenge.com in the “Route” section. Please note that the route may undergo small variations with respect to the km and altitude variation stated above.
The Komoot platform is our official partner for the creation of the Maremma Challenge route track. Ten days before departure, you will receive, free of charge, a Komoot Regions Pack worth € 8,99 which will allow participants to download the Maremma challenge track, to use the turn-by-turn navigation voice, to download the offline route (to know where you are even in the absence of an internet connection) and to use the screen of your smartphone instead of a GPS. All participants will have to follow the track in full without detours and without cuts. We advise you to study the route well!
At the end of the event, participants will find a register at Bike Garage & More where they will need to note their arrival time.
All Finishers will be offered an aperitivo (food & wine).
Event Characteristics and Warnings
The course of the Maremma Challenge develops on wooded paths, dirt roads and provides for the passage on secondary asphalted roads open to traffic. It is therefore mandatory for all participants to respect the Highway Code.
The participant is aware that the route is not signposted, the roads are not closed to traffic, and that they must assume any risks and dangers along the way. There is no health, food or mechanical assistance services by the organizers. There is a paid recovery service in the event of wathdrawal or serious mechanical breakdown +39 331 3669490.
Participants are strongly discouraged from traveling at night or during prohibitive weather conditions.
The participant is aware that the amateur sports association BGM a.s.d. is not a professional organizer of sporting events, but acts solely for recreational and non-financial purposes (1174 of the Civil Code); and so participation in the Maremma Challenge cycling event always takes place by free will and for recreational purposes, in any case not for financial purposes.
It therefore follows that the aforementioned organizer ASD is free of, and in any case indemnified from, any liability connected to the Maremma Challenge cycling event. It is also released from any liablity regarding harms that may have occured to the cyclist such as: accidents, loss of route, physical problems, thefts, etc. It therefore follows that the Maremma Challenge cycling event is to be understood as a mere meeting and that the spontaneous and independent participation of cyclists and amateur cyclists are on a free and personal excursion.
Participants must have good preparation and physical stamina, sense of direction and ability to use GPS.
Any type of external support is forbidden, and in case of emergency, contact 112 and the organizers at +39 331 3669490
The route must be followed in its entirety and without cuts.
Participants are obliged to bring the following safety equipment with them:
- reflective vest to wear at night
- emergency aid kit
- whistle or bell
- cellular phone
- approved helmet
- white front and red rear lights
Participants will be given a LifePass (live tracking system) device to allow 24-hour security monitoring by the organizers.
By registering for the Maremma Challenge, each participant:
- declares to have read and approved the present regulation and to accept all its parts;
- declares to have acknowledged that the event is a non-competitive test of endurance and considerable physical, psychophysical effort without rankings;
- declares to be aware that some stretches of the route can be bumpy and require good riding technique; where necessary, the participant will overcome the difficult stretch at his or her own discretion by unmounting the bike and proceeding on foot;
- declares to have experience in GPS navigation in off-road and/or in any case untracked routes;
- declares to have experience and to be aware that the route is not marked, is not monitored and there are no security points and/or rescue personnel along the route;
- declares to have experience and be aware of the possibility of encountering adverse weather conditions and to be able to orient oneself and ride on hills in such conditions;
- declares to be physically prepared to face many hours on the seat of a bike;
- declares not to resort to doping or drugs or medicinal substances that could alter performance or lead to situations of damage or danger for oneself or for others;
- declares to be aware that unexpected events can happen along the way such as landslides, sun, wind, rain, hail, lightning, cold, dark, fog, snow, ice, mudslides, encounters with unattended and/or wild animals, falls, accidental collisions with other participants or with people passing by and/or with motor vehicles on motorways and declares to be adequately prepared to face emergency situations ;
- guarantees its own behavior during and after the event;
- declares to be in possession of the medical aptitude certificate for cycling in compliance with the DM 18/02/1982 and/or the DM 26/04/2013 issued by a Sports Medical Center or by a doctor;
- declares to be in good physical condition, providing the organization with the broadest indemnification for any harm he/she may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the event;
- the Organization also reserves the right to exclude from the event cyclists who behave incorrectly before, during or after it.
- consent to the use of my data, even for commercial purposes, according to the provisions of the Privacy law n. 196 of 30/06/2003;
Personal data processing and use of the image of the participants
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
During the Maremma Challenge, video-photographic recordings will be made in order to document the event. The video-photographic footage will affect all participants indifferently and may be published on the Event’s and Organizer’s websites and on both’s social media channels.
The participant acknowledges and accepts that, in consideration of the public nature of the Event, the object of the dissemination and marketing services of the video-photographic footage of the Event as well as the impossibility of selectively limiting the video-photographic footage, registering for and participating in the Event constitutes express authorization for the shooting and the use of one’s image in the manner and for the purposes indicated in these Regulations, as well as in the Disclaimer and in the Privacy Information.
Release for photographic and video shooting of the Event and use of the image of the participants.
The authorization is considered granted, pursuant to art. 10 of the Civil Code and 96 and 97 of Law no. 633/1941 (Copyright Law), free of charge, for the whole world and without time limits, without prejudice to the limit of the protection of the decorum and dignity of my person, and with the faculty for the Orgranizer to authorize the sponsoring companies and the technical and service partners of the Event to the use of the aforementioned footage for the same purposes covered by this authorization.
OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The only legal obligation assumed by the Organizer towards the Participants is to organize checkpoints and to evaluate the achievement of the Participants’ results in order to obtain the approval of the certificate of recognition. No contractual or non-contractual liability can be recognized by the Organization for pecuniary or non-pecuniary damages suffered by the Particpants or caused by them to third parties during the Event.
INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE AND REIMBURSEMENT
For members of the Maremma Challenge Adventure Plus , the registration fees paid will be refundable according to our cancellation policy:
- if the reservation is canceled 40 days before the Event, 70% of the registration will be refunded
- if, on the other hand, the cancellation arrives within 39 days before the departure of the Maremma Challenge, then the entire amount will be forfeited.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING OF THE EVENT
In the event that the Organizer should cancel the event due to force majeure (environmental and/or health at an national or international level), a refund will not be made but the registration fees paid will be valid for the next edition without additional costs.
Nel caso in cui l’Organizzatore dovesse reschedule the date of the Event due to force majeure or other serious reasons, which could jeopardize the preparation of the Event or the participation in it by a number of people not less than half of the participants, the Organization reserves the right to move the place and/or date of the Event within the same calendar year. In this case, the registration fees paid will be valid for the event on the rescheduled date, with no additional costs for the registered participants. In this case, it is not possible to transfer the registration to the following year’s edition.