All of rules
All people who are of age at the time of registration can participate in the event without nationality limitations.
In case of inability to participate, the registration fees paid will not be refundable for the Maremma Challenge BIKEPACKING (May 13, 2023).
The event will take place in any weather condition. In the event of cancellation of the event due to force majeure (environmental and/or health at a national or international level), a refund will not be made, but the registration will be valid for the next edition at no additional cost.
In case of suspension of the event due to national DPCMs, Regional Decrees for Covid19 Emergency, the ASD organizer of the Maremma Challenge will try to postpone the event in the same calendar year or otherwise in the following year.
All participants in the Maremma Challenge are required to have a valid, specific competitive medical certificate for cycling. Medical certificates for other sports disciplines will not be accepted.
The medical certificate must be sent no later than April 18, 2023 (under penalty of exclusion from participation in the event without any right to reimbursement) to the email address email@example.com
Each participant must declare in accordance with the D.P.R. no. 445 of December 28, 2000 that the documents forwarded by him are true and correspond to the originals in his possession.
Membership in an amateur sports association ASD is mandatory, all participants must be in possession of accident insurance coverage.
It is possible to join the amateur sports association BGM ASD, organizer of the Maremma Challenge, by sending an email request by May 8, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Departure and Route
In compliance with the rules forbidding gatherings and distancing, for sporting events (Covid-19 emergency), the departure of the Maremma Challenge will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 9:00 at Bike Garage & More, via Butigni 4, Massa Marittima.
The loop route, with departure and arrival in Massa Marittima, of about 500 km in distance and 10,000 meters in elevation, it winds through paths in the woods, dirt roads and secondary asphalted roads with little traffic. The route is described and viewable on the website www.maremmachallenge.com in the “Route” section. Please note that the route may undergo small variations with respect to the km and altitude difference stated above.
The Komoot platform is our official partner for the creation of the Maremma Challenge route track. Ten days before departure, you will receive a free Komoot Regions Pack worth € 8,99 that will allow participants to download the Maremma Challenge track, to use the turn-by-turn navigation voice, to download the offline route (to know where you are even in the absence of an internet connection) and to use the screen of your smartphone instead of a GPS. All participants will have to follow the track in full without detours and without cuts. We advise you to study the route well!
At the end of the event, participants will find a register at Bike Garage & More where they will need to note their arrival time.
All Finishers will be offered an aperitivo (food & wine).
Event characteristics and warnings
The Maremma Challenge is a real 500km bicycle adventure: the participants of the Maremma Challenge Bikepacking will have to travel the route in “self-sufficiency” (unsupported bicycle adventure), so think about where to sleep, eat and how to handle any unexpected events.
The course of the Maremma Challenge develops on paths in the woods, dirt roads and provides for the passage on secondary asphalted roads open to traffic. It is therefore mandatory for all participants to respect the Street Code.
The participant is aware that the route is not signposted, the roads are not closed to traffic, and that they must assume any risks and dangers along the way. There is no health, food or medical assistance provided by the organizers. There is a paid recovery service in the event of withdrawal or serious mechanical breakdown +39 331 3669490.
It is strongly discouraged to travel at night or during prohibitive weather conditions.
The participant is aware that the amateur sports association BGM a.s.d. is not a professional organizer of sporting events, but acts solely for recreational and non-financial purposes (1174 of the Civil Code); and then participation in the Maremma Challenge cycling event is done willingly and for recreational purposes, and in any case not for financial purposes.
It therefore follows that the aforementioned organizer ASD is free, and if any case indemnified from any liability connected to the Maremma Challenge cycling event. It is also released from any liability regarding events that may have occurred to the cyclist such as: accidents, loss of route, physical problems, thefts, etc. It therefore follows that the Maremma Challenge cycling event is to be understood as a mere meeting and a spontaneous and independent participation of cyclists and amateur cyclists on a free and personal excursion.
Participants must have good preparation and physical stamina, sense of direction and ability to use GPS.
Any type of external support is forbidden, and in case of emergency, contact 112 and the organizers on +39 331 3669490
The layout must be followed in its entirety and without cuts.
Along the way, there are 4 checkpoints, where the participants will need to stamp the road-book.
All participants are obliged to bring the following safety equipment with them:
- reflective vest to wear at night
- first-aid kit
- whistle or bell
- approved helmet
- white front and red rear lights
MC Bikepacking participants are advised to rent a LifePass device (live tracking system) to allow 24-hour security monitoring by the organizers.
The device can be purchased at the time of registration or in person the day before the event starts.
Maremma Challenge ARI Audax Off-road certificate of recognition
To obtain the Maremma Challenge ARI Off-road certificate of recognition, it is necessary to complete the route within 80 hours. The departure is scheduled for Sunday, May 13, 2023 at 9:00am and the arrival is no later than Tuesday, May 16, 2023 by 5:00pm, total 80 hours. This possibility is open to members of the WILD package who participate by mountain bike.
By registering for the Maremma Challenge each particpant:
- declares to have read and approved the present regulation and to accept all its parts;
- declares to have acknowledged that the event is a non-competitive test of endurance and considerable physical, psychophysical effort and without rankings;
- declares to be aware that some stretches can be bumpy and require good riding skills, where necessary the participant will overcome the difficult stretch at his own discretion by getting off the bike and proceeding on foot;
- declares to have experience in GPS navigation, in off-road and/or in any case untracked routes;
- declares to have experience and to be aware that the route is not marked, is not monitored and there are no security posts and/or rescue personnel along the route;
- declares to have experience and be aware of the possibility of encountering adverse weather conditions and to be able to orient oneself and ride on hills in such conditions;
- declares to be physically prepared to face many hours on the seat of a bike non-stop and in complete self-sufficiency;
- declares not to resort to doping or drugs or medicinal substances that could alter performance or lead to situations of damage or danger for oneself or for others;
- declares to be aware that unexpected events can happen along the way such as landslides, sun, wind, rain, hail, lightning, cold, dark, fog, snow, ice, mudslides, encounters with unattended and/or wild animals, falls, accdiental collisions with other participants or with people passing by and/or with motor vehicles on the stretches of drivable road and declares to be adequately prepared to face emergency situations;
- is responsible for his/her own behavior during and after the event;
- declares to be in possession of the medical aptitude certificate for cycling and compliant with the DM 18/02/1982 and/or the DM 26/04/2013 issued by a Sports Medical Center or by a doctor;
- declares to be in good physical condition, providing the organization with absolute indemnification for any harm they may suffer as a result of their participation in the event;
- the Organization also reserves the right to exclude from the event cyclists who behave improperly before, during or after the event.
- The registrant consents to the use of its data, for commercial purposes according to the provisions of the Privacy law n. 196 of 30/06/2003;
Treatment of personal data and use of the image of the participants
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
During the Maremma Challenge, video-photographic recordings will be made in order to document the event. The video-photographic footage will randomly cover any and all participants and may be published on the Event and Organizer’s websites and on both’s social channels.
Release for photographic and video shooting of the event and use of the image of the participants.
The authroization is considered granted, pursuant to art. 10 of the Civil Code and 96 and 97 of Law no. 633/1941 (Copyright law), free of charge, for the whole world and without time limits, always without prejudice to the limit of the protection of the decorum and dignity of my person, and with the faculty for the Organizer to authorize the sponsor companies and the technical and service partners of the Event to use the aforementioned footage for the same purposes of this authorization.
OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The only legal obligation assumed by the Organizer towards the Participants is to organize checkpoints and to evaluate their achievement of the result in order to obtain the approval of the certificate of recognition. No contractual or non-contractual liability can be recognized by the Organization for pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages suffered by the Participants or caused by them to third parties during the Event.
INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE AND REIMBURSEMENT
In case of inability to participate, the paid registration fees will not be refunded.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING OF THE EVENT
In the event that the Organizer should cancel the Event due to force majeure (environmental and/or health at a national or international level), a refund will not be made but the registration fees paid will be valid for the next edition without additional costs.
In the event the Organizer should reschedule the date of the event due to force majeure or other serious reasons, which could jeopardize the preparation of the Event or the participation in it by a number of people not less than half of the registered participants, the Organization reserves the right to make changes to the place and/or date of the Event within the same calendar year. In this case, the registration fees paid will be valid for the Event on the rescheduled date, with no additional costs for the registered participants. In this case, it is not possible to transfer the registration to the following year’s edition.